Sunday, May 07, 2006

Something else to move


I came across this chair on saturday morning while walking back home after doing some errands with a FREE sign on it. I have to admit I hummed and hawwed over it for a bit and actually walked away. I got about twenty feet before turning around and going back for the chair knowing I'd be disappointed if I got home without it, despite the couple bags I was already carrying and that fact that we move into a new flat in 3/12 weeks. Further up the road I passed a gentleman with a dolly in tow who said "can't beat getting something for free". He was obviously headed for the chest of drawers or another such item that was sitting in the same yard as where I found my chair. I hope he hadn't wanted the chair too!!!! It needs a bit of work. A light sand, some wood filler, a new coat of stain and varnish should restore it to it's former glory. Every time I look at it, I am proud that I lugged it home.

No comments: