Sunday, March 11, 2007

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a rock! It's The Pipettes!

Thanks Carla!

She posted a comment asking me about the heart shaped item I was planning on showing off and of course I totally forgot about it.

The rock was previously mentioned in a January entry. I found it while walking along the Seatown beach. There was no way I was leaving this baby back in the UK. As I have mentioned before, collecting rocks from beaches on my travels is a favorite passtime.

And here it is-my heart shaped rock:



Last night, I went to see The Pipettes play at the Rivoli, for Canadian Music Week. The show was super great. The Pipettes were rocking, their backing band The Cassette were rocking. The only thing that pissed me off was standing in line for an hour and a half to see them play. The show was to start at 12:30am, which is very late to begin with. We arrived at 11:30pm, and were told the doors would open at midnight. It wasn't until 1 o'clock that they let us in and even then it was only ten people at a time. Hopefully next time they are in town they play at a more organized venue.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I love your heart-shaped rock!!!!

And I'm so jealous you got to see The Pipettes! It was sold out ages ago. Waiting in line and late start times are no fun!