Thursday, December 06, 2007

Braving the weather

THIS POST HAS BEEN SITTING AS A DRAFT SINCE NOVEMBER 23rd. ALTHOUGH NOT KNITTING RELATED, I DECIDED TO SHARE IT WITH YOU INSTEAD OF DELETING IT.

Should you have decided to stay in bed all day yesterday, (or November 22nd), you would have failed to see this.



Snow, real snow, the stuff that won't go away, finally dropped by on the city for the first time this season.

I had the day off and didn't want to go outside. I prefer warm, cozy places to cold ones. However after discovering the previous night upon getting home from work that I had lost my favourite hat. The hat that I purchased in Calgary. I needed to retrace my steps and find my hat. We had photographed at two locations with a quick bite to eat in between. I knew I'd left the restaurant with hat in hand. Therefore the hat, had either fallen out of my hand while getting into the car, or else falling off my lap while getting out of the car.

So I put on my brand new winter boots.




And braved this....



Not that there was much snow on the ground, but the wind was mad that day, and it was COLD.

No luck where the car had been parked around the corner from the restaurant. Although an object covered in snow, which for a second i thought was indeed my hat turned out to be a black plastic Beer store bag.

I headed over to the second location and there on a bike stand some kind soul had seen my hat and put it there for me to find.



It was a tad frozen and just a wee bit wet (soaked is more like it), but it's home and drying in the bathroom.

3 comments:

Carla said...

That was lucky!

LadyLungDoc said...

You were talking about the snow that had totally melted away 2 days later, right?
;)

mjm knitting said...

i know! so lucky!

yes LLD-i was.