Last night I made two 8 inch granny squares. They're part of my membership requirements for Toronto Hookups, the crochet guild that I joined back in January.
I must admit I didn't like working with 100% acrylic yarn, but am happy with the results as they are the first pair of granny squares I've ever made and my third crochet project to date. A third square is in the works with the remains of the yarn from the first two but I have run out of yarn and only have a 6 inch square. I will have to wait until the next meeting to grab some more yarn.
As for my second crochet project, the wedding dress, I am thinking it will be complete by the end of the month. Of course that doesn't include weaving in the copious amounts of ends, blocking, and sewing in a lining, but the crochet aspect of the dress will be finished. Hip Hip Hurray!
The following photos where taken just this morning. It seems like spring is just around the corner.
However, the garden is in need of a major clean up.