Thursday, May 08, 2008

Sea Sock Slippers

These are the slippers I made for the Sea Sock Cruise's Felted Slipper contest I am departing for tomorrow.



They were huge before I felted them and instead I just took the plunge and threw them into the washing machine without testing the test swatch first. Anyways, they did felt, and although are about an inch too long in the foot the width fit is great. They've been "drying" since Monday afternoon, and are still a bit damp. I need to "bling" them up a bit, but as this is for a contest I don't want to give away all my secrets.



Some of the stitches are still a bit noticeable, especially at the top orange bit of the slipper but I like the textured effect. Plus after having spend half and hour beside an agitating washing machine I'd had about enough and had to go to work.



Now dry you buggers Dry!!!!!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Cool colour combo.