Saturday, June 20, 2009

Shawls a plenty

Recently my love of rectangular shawls took a kick in the arse, in favour of the ever popular triangular shawl.

I was always a rectangular shawl girl with my End of days Wrap, Otis, and Woodland Shawl all done and dusted and in the bag. However, it was the springtime bandit pattern that changed my knitting ways. I think it has something to do with the fact that I love wearing them backwards around my neck so that the point is pointing to my chest and not my backside.

I have a couple out takes from my "month into springtime bandit", and "princess maksoutoff's textured shawl" that didn't put on my ravelry page to share today. I love the textured shawl pattern so much in the variegated yarn, and it looks so good in a solid colour, looking at other knitters projects on ravelry, that I have started yet another textured shawl. This time using some organic merino/angora blend that I picked up at my LYS last fall. I don't have a wip photo yet but have one shortly.





Back again tomorrow with an update on garnet muse.

1 comment:

Team Knit said...

Bother so pretty! Love those rich jewel tones.

- Julie