This is my current work in progress. A baby blanket that I started at the end of 2013.
The pattern is from the purl bee but I modified it slightly by adding a handful of extra stitches to the cast on, and doubling up the fingering weight yarn I'm using so I could use the size of needle called for. I'm just over halfway done and am hoping to have it finish by this weekend.
With all my previous posts of old wip's and new projects I want to start, this is currently the only project I'm working on. The monotony of garter stitch is starting to get to me, but I'm happy that my plan of colour shifting in the blanket has kept it interesting enough that I keep working on it.
The yarn is Louet Gems Baby fingering weight of which I had 5 skeins of blue, 3 skeins of green and 2 skeins of rose. Its been in my stash for a couple of years and I wanted to use it all up and be done with it. As well as to make some room for more yarn coming into the house. A blanket is a great stash buster. My plan is to gift this to a friend who's niece is expecting. There are small amounts of yarn left over from the skeins i've used so far, so perhaps I'll make a matching hat to go with the blanket. We'll see how it goes.