Friday, May 05, 2006

SP8 questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Have worked with: Santa Ana, Shimmer by Estelle
Want to Try: Merino, Noro and Mohair Wools
Dislike: Shimmer Yarn by Estelle only because it is not good for a beginner knitter.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A beach bag type bag which I purchase for $5 at ikea. Score!

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Here and there for a bit over a year but I consider myself to be a beginner.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, with Amazon

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lolita lempicka perfume is my absolute favorite scent at the moment, however I also like lavender, pachouli and vanilla

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I am a chocolate lover but my favorites are smarties and junior mints

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I like to garden and hopefully soon I will be taking guitar lessons, I don't know how to spin

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Not into heavy metal or classical, but love most everything else. feist, lily frost, dixie chicks, sufjan stevens, kings of convenience, james blunt, the delgadoes, the be good tanyas....just to name a few. I can play MP3's yes.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love blue and green, orange is not a particular favorite although that is the colour of the bag which houses my knitting paraphernalia and is probably the only orange colored item I own. Bizarre.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my boyfriend of two year. We move into a new flat in june. I have two cats Lenix and Tuesday and a fishtank full of angel fish, neons and tiger fish.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
From november to march yes to all except ponchos. what do you expect when I live in canada?

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Scarves and hats so far because they are easy. however I'd like to learn to make more intricate patterned scarves as well as learn how to make socks, mittens, jumpers, blankets and handbags.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Just finished knitting a purse that I have yet to sew the two sides together and add the handles so it's about 90% completed

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Handmade gifts are the best.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I have worked with both straight and circular needles that were either made of bamboo or plastic. I have never tried aluminum.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope since I have no clue as to what those are!!!!

17. How did you learn to knit?
Still learning however I took an introductory course at one of the knitting shops in town

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Again have no idea what a UFO is. please excuse my ignorance

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween. I love carving a pumpkin, roasting the pumpkin seeds, handing out candy and seeing all the kids costumes. weird I know but I think it?s because halloween is the least stressful of all the other holidays.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Books I am a book-o-holic (who has recently resorted to borrowing books from the library instead of buying them all), and fridge magnets (especially of the places of traveled too if I can find unique ones)

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
1. debbie's knitting needle kit (because it contains about ten interchangeable pairs of both straight and circular needles)
2. debbie stoller's stitch and bitch book of which a copy is on hold ready for pick up at the local library.
I have no subscriptions to knitting magazine

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I am like a sponge anything you want to teach me I would love to learn

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet. I take a size 7 1/2 to 8 depending on the style of shoe. actual foot measurements 9 1/2 inches from toe to heal and 4 inches at widest part across. (they don't seem that big in reality)

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) December 18th.

No comments: