Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Yarn Harlot Rocks the House

Friday night I went with Carla to see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee at her book launch here in Toronto. We decided to get there early in the hopes of getting a seat. We got fantastic seats-second row from the stage.

There were lots of knitters.





Here she is being introduced...



Stephanie, not looking at all a bit nervous...



These are the store clerks who looked rather frightful of us knitters. Although it must be said the guy in the middle eventually was laughing at some of Stephanie's jokes and did have a copy of her book in his hands at one point. Have we a converted knitter? Probably not but perhaps he's a bit more aware of just how great knitters are and how huge our community is.



Stephanie explaining what to do should a non-knitter come across your stash...



I didn't wait to get my copy of her book signed. It was a bit of a frenzy after her talk and I had another engagement to get too. Unfortunately when I took out my copy of her book to read on Saturday afternoon, I noticed a slice mark on the front cover in the middle of it. I suspect my book was on the very top of a box, and when "X" used a knife to slice open the box, the blade got my book. No worries as I am sure I can exchange it. I am hoping to see her in the market some wednesday evening and get her to sign my copy then.

It was a beautiful sunset.....

3 comments:

Andrea said...

You must have had good seats to get those pics. I was at the back.

Lyndsey-Jane said...

Lucky you! I wished she'd come to UK! Hope you get the book exchanged and and signed.

Carla said...

"these aren't balls of yarn, they're my kittens!"

Pink sky at night is a knitter's delight!