Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Blogger SP11 Q&A

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Anything but scratchy acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

My straights are in a vase, circs and dpns in the packages they came in.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned to knit in November of 2005 by taking a "how to knit a hat" course at Romni Wools in Toronto. My skill level would be beginner/intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes check at the sidebar on this blog

5. What's your favorite scent?

Vanilla and pink grapefruit

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Chocolate. It used to be milk chocolate but since having dark chocolate I find it more appealing. I can handle up to 82%, anything over that tastes too bitter. As for candy-swedish berries, fuzzy peaches and caramels.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I don't spin. I did attempt making stitch markers but that didn't last very long and thus have kept solely to knitting,

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I don't care for rap, heavy metal, or classical. I like all sorts of music but it's much easier to tell you who my favorite bands are. The Pipettes, Feist, Stars, and The sounds, just to name a few. Also on my side bar is a list of links to other band I like as well.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love all colours, but dislike neon and dull pastel colours.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my boyfriend of 4 years/fiance of almost one month. I have two cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

All but ponchos

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

At the moment socks tho my sock progress is not as up to speed as i'd like

13. What are you knitting right now?

2 pairs of socks. I have a shrug and some baby items, for a friend not me, that I need to start on right after the socks are finished as the baby's due in November.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circular needles-bamboo and addi turbos.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Nope to both

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

2 months

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Not really-Yarn. I really like Wonder woman, and I love to watch Coronation Street and Doctor Who. I have a TARDIS money bank and next time I am in Britain will get my very own Sonic Screwdriver.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Not especially but a copy of the Central Park Hoodie would be nice-even if it's just a photocopy. I subscribe to Interweave Knits

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Fair Isle/multi colour knitting

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. My shoe size is 7 1/2 or 8. Foot length is 9 inches from heel to toe.

23. When is your birthday?

December 18th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

yes. mjmknitting

1 comment:

Carla said...

Will knitting be allowed in the audience at your wedding? hee hee. It seems like a waste of sitting quietly time to NOT knit.

Your oldest UFO is only 2 months old??????