The fingering weight sweater was started in the spring of 2011. It was to be a Plain and Simple Pullover by Veera Valimaki, but by the time I finished the body I wasn't in love with the collar of the pullover. I put it down in hopes of figuring out what to do with it after a brief rest of a couple weeks which somehow turned into a couple of years.
I pulled it out of it's project bag last week, to discover that I had indeed started, finished and attached short sleeves to the body but I have no idea what my intentions with the yoke were. So here it now sits.
The yarn is malabrigo sock yarn and I have only three skeins. Two of the skeins were of similar colour but the third is well off. I decided that the lightest skein would be used for the yoke. I couldn't fathom the idea of knitting from two skeins every couple of rows-though i know that that method works quite well. I'm hoping to have this finished and wearable for spring 2014.
As for the laceweight cardigan I started it toward the end of my pregnancy. It's a
The body is finished and I just have sleeves, and the collar to do. I doubled up two skeins of laceweight yarn that was in my stash to 1) use up more yarn and 2) so that i wouldn't feel like the project would take an eternity. Which worked well as I finished the body at the end of August 2012.
Indigo Moon Nautral Muga Silk in a lovely shade of green, and Mama E's C*EYE*BER Fiber lace cake. Two different yarns that look great on their own but when put together look even better, if i do say so myself.