Saturday, January 04, 2014

Big Project WIP's

I have a fingering weight sweater and a laceweight cardigan that have been on the needles for over two years now.

The fingering weight sweater was started in the spring of 2011. It was to be a Plain and Simple Pullover by Veera Valimaki, but by the time I finished the body I wasn't in love with the collar of the pullover. I put it down in hopes of figuring out what to do with it after a brief rest of a couple weeks which somehow turned into a couple of years.

I pulled it out of it's project bag last week, to discover that I had indeed started, finished and attached short sleeves to the body but I have no idea what my intentions with the yoke were. So here it now sits.


The yarn is malabrigo sock yarn and I have only three skeins. Two of the skeins were of similar colour but the third is well off. I decided that the lightest skein would be used for the yoke. I couldn't fathom the idea of knitting from two skeins every couple of rows-though i know that that method works quite well. I'm hoping to have this finished and wearable for spring 2014.

As for the laceweight cardigan I started it toward the end of my pregnancy. It's a Featherweight Cardigan by Hannah Fettig. I'd planned on knitting it throughout my labour which totally didn't happen when an induction iv was put in my right hand. There was no way I could knit with the iv drip in my hand it was just to weird a feeling.

The body is finished and I just have sleeves, and the collar to do. I doubled up two skeins of laceweight yarn that was in my stash to 1) use up more yarn and 2) so that i wouldn't feel like the project would take an eternity. Which worked well as I finished the body at the end of August 2012.

The yarns used are Indigo Moon Nautral Muga Silk in a lovely shade of green, and Mama E's C*EYE*BER Fiber lace cake. Two different yarns that look great on their own but when put together look even better, if i do say so myself.

No comments: