Thursday, May 31, 2007

R.I.P. Mr. Bully

For the last few days Mr. Bully-our male angel fish, who terrorized the other fish in the tank, hasn't been his bully self. We knew last night he was on his way to fish heaven as he'd been in the bottom corner of the tank all day and wouldn't budge, not even for food.

He was such a bully. So much so I bravely put my hand into the tank once and Mr Bully attacked it by lunging his whole body against my hand. I realize fish don't have teeth and that he couldn't really hurt me but the shock of it scared the crap out of me.

This morning he was gone. I feel sad and awful but at the same time he was such a bully, He lived for at least four years and that is a very long life in fish terms. The funny thing is, he's so big, he's unable to go to fish heaven (aka Lake Ontario) via the normal channels (aka the toilet) that we will be burring him in the back garden.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Awww, poor Mr. Bully. :-(