Friday, May 01, 2009

Plants and Purple

For show and tell today, I have two photos to share with you.

The first is of the tomatoe plants Frost has grown from seed.
They were planted about 6 weeks ago and are about 6 inches tall.
He started out with nine grow pods but one never came up, so we have a total of eight.
There are three different varieties, but I don't know what they are called.
You can tell the difference by the leaves which I find really cool.
So long as we don't plant them outside a day before a massive rainstorm, as we did last summer, we should have lots of tomatoes to add to salads this summer.



The second is a work in progress photo of my springtime bandit shawl.
I started it last monday and have only 3 more rows to go but it's taking forever, and I'm worried I will run out of yarn.
I thought it'd be in the blocking basin by now, but no such luck. Perhaps tomorrow.
Yarn: Noro Cash Iroha
Needles: 5.0mm



Off to knit in the back garden as it's a beautiful spring day.

No comments: