Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tomatoe Harvest Begins

A few months back, on May 1st to be exact, I posted a photo of the small tomatoes plants Frost had started from seed. This photo actually,



Well so far this is what our eight little plants have harvested. I picked these and photographed them on tuesday morning, and ate yellow one with dinner. It was delicious! The three on the left are yellow prefections and the two on the right are called tigerellas.




This is actually our 2nd to 6th tomatoes, as Frost brought in a ripen tigerella at the end of last week. I was working so didn't get a chance to try it. We also have two very large tomatoes which I think are cosmonaut volkovs in the kitchen from a few weeks back. They fell off a plant while Frost was tidying them up. They have started to turn from green to yellow and once they have fully ripened I will take a photo and show you them too. Already we have surpassed our tomatoe harvest of 2008. Last year I think we yielding 4 very small tomatoes from the one plant that survived.

1 comment:

Lise said...

I think tomatoes are one of the most rewarding things to grow - and the yummiest!. I love the neat varieties you grew. Perhaps someone we both know needs a tigerella??